Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
- Google has launched Android 14 beta 5.2.
- The release timeline has so far been similar to the one Google had for Android 13.
- The stable launch will likely happen in September.
Google revealed its Android 14 schedule in February 2023, with the first developer preview going live the same day as the reveal. The timeline the company has planned out is very similar to the one the tech giant had for Android 13.
On August 25, Google released Android 14 beta 5.2, which is now the latest version of the operating system. This newest beta is designed to be tested by the public. If you have a supported Pixel phone (or the Pixel Tablet), you can install Android 14 beta 5.2 now.
Judging from the organization’s release date graphic, the next update should be the stable launch. The system reached Platform Stability in June, so now it’s all about squashing bugs and getting things ready for primetime.
Android 14 timeline
Since the Android 14 release schedule is so similar to Android 13’s, it’s fair to assume Google will follow a similar approach. Last year, Google had two developer previews and eight beta releases for Android 13 before it launched the official update. If Google does something similar this year, there’s a good chance we may see an Android 14 launch sometime in early September. However, there’s no guarantee there won’t be delays.
As for which phones will get the new OS, you can expect all versions of the Pixel that haven’t reached their major OS update limit yet, which is every Pixel after and including the Pixel 4a 5G. Notably, that also includes the Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet.
The Android 14 release date for the Pixel will likely precede others, like always. Predicting the OS release date for Samsung, OnePlus, etc., is a little trickier to pin down, though. We’ll learn more about these launches in the coming weeks.
Here are the significant Android 14 schedule milestones we’ve seen in 2023 so far:
- February 8, 2023 — Android 14 DP1
- March 8, 2023 — Android 14 DP2
- April 12, 2023 — Android 14 beta 1
- April 26, 2023 — Android 14 beta 1.1
- May 10, 2023 — Android 14 beta 2
- May 25, 2023 — Android 14 beta 2.1
- June 7, 2023 — Android 14 beta 3
- June 14, 2023 — Android 14 beta 3.1
- July 11, 2023 — Android 14 beta 4
- July 27, 2023 — Android 14 beta 4.1
- August 10, 2023 — Android 14 beta 5
- August 18, 2023 — Android 14 beta 5.1
- August 25, 2023 — Android 14 beta 5.2