How to Reset Android TV Box
If you’re looking for a simple and straightforward way to reset Android TV Box, you’ve come to the right place. At the end of this process, your Android TV Box will work like new and you’ll have a ton of space to enjoy new shows at super-fast loading speeds. That’s because when you reset Android TV Box, you essentially delete any and all applications within it, thus starting on a clean slate.The Android TV Box comes with very little storage and having a lot of apps installed can significantly slow it down. It might seem like the most obvious thing to do is uninstall the troublesome apps, but this doesn’t always help because they leave behind leftover files. The following ways to reset Android TV Box are very effective at eliminating all of these problems.
Why Do a Factory Reset?
Here are some of the most common reasons why people choose to reset Android TV Box.
- When the Android Box refuses to boot up: Imagine confidently walking to start up your Android TV Box, only to notice that it doesn’t boot up. Oftentimes the only way to fix this is to start afresh with a complete factory reset.
- Sluggish speed: Installing and using multiple apps and other files on your Android TV Box can significantly compromise your viewing experience. If you notice things are getting slow, just reset the device to give it a new lease on life.
- Constant buffering: There’s nothing more annoying than dealing with constant buffering from your Android TV Box. Unfortunately, this often happens when people start using streaming services like Kodi. Sure, you can apply some buffering fixes but this is a temporary solution. For the best results, go with an effective fix like restoring your Android TV Box to its factory settings.
Doing the Factory Reset via Settings
1. Click on the “Settings” page or menu.
2. Select “Storage and Reset.”
3. Select “Factory Reset.”
4. Select “Factory Reset” again.At this point, the Android TV Box should go back to its default factory settings. Don’t rush the process by constantly pressing buttons or doing anything like that. Just give the device enough time to finish the process accordingly. If your Android TV Box settings page looks “off” try the following:
1. Select “System”
2. Select “Reset options”
3. Select “Erase all data”
4. Then, click on “Reset Phone”
Resetting via the Android TV Box Pin-Hole
If you’re struggling to reset Android TV Box, perhaps you should try the following method.
Start by looking for a tiny hole on the device. It doesn’t have to be on a particular part of the Android TV Box, as long as it’s small enough to fit. Most of the time, this small slot can be found at the base of the box or inside the AV port.
1. Detach the power cord from the device.
2. Hold press the reset button while carefully placing a paper clip into the tiny hole we mentioned above.
3. While holding down the reset button, re-attach the power cord to the device.
4. Keep your finger pressed on the reset button for at least 10 to 15 seconds.
5. Let go to reveal the “Recovery Mode” screen. You’ll see a few options here, but you must choose the “Wipe Data/ Factory Reset” option.
6. Click on the confirm button to finish the reset process. Once you’re done, your Android TV Box will display the original screen with the option to “Reboot system now.” Click on that option and wait for the device to reboot.
credits to websafetytips