How to Factory Reset Android 7.1 Nougat?
Do you have issues with your Android 7.1 Nougat device and want to do a Factory Reset on it?
You should be aware if you factory reset TV box it will delete all the data on your device. And it will be left with default apps which came with the device. In this guide, we have done steps for how to factory reset of Android 7.1.
Method 1: Guide Factory Reset Android 7.1 Nougat from Settings.
Different Launcher may show a different Settings Screen.
- Go to Main Settings via the main screen on your device.
- Click Advanced and now More Settings.
- Now go to Storage And Reset option. Now select Factory Data Reset
- Now you can proceed with Erase Everything so once you click on it will start doing the Reset. Now the device will shut down and reboot so it may take a few minute to reset device completely so don’t turn off the device or remove power cable until it boots to the menu screen. Please refer to the screenshot below of EBOX T8-V.
Method 2: Guide Factory Reset Android 7.1 Nougat using Pin/Toothpick Method.
- You need to ensure your device is powered off by a RED Light on the display of box.
- Now use a Toothpick / Pin and Press inside Restore / AV hole and You should hear a Tick sound when a button inside it is pressed. ( Some device have Restore hole and some have Reset inside AV Hole )
- Do not press it too hard as once you hear a sound that it got Pressed so hold it Pressed.
- While holding Reset button you need to power on the device.
- Your device will boot into Recovery menu with the Black screen in the background.
- Now select Wipe data / Factory Reset. And it will complete the Reset and come back to Recovery Menu.
- You need to select Reboot System now an option on Recovery menu and wait for the device to load the Main menu.
- Now the device will shut down and reboot so it may take a few minute to reset device completely so don’t turn off the device or remove power cable until it boots to the menu screen. Please refer to screen below for Recovery Menu.
Firmware Update / Refresh Device Firmware.
As in case if your device is still now working after doing a Factory Reset or issue you have had is not fixed. So you will need to install firmware on your device which will reinstall everything and get it working.
You can download and install Firmware from Download section on EntertainmentBox under TV Box Software now select firmware for your device model with step by step instruction on the page to get it update/reflash and get it back to how you received it for the first time.
ANDROID TV BOX REPAIRS – DEVICE REPAIRS – REPAIRS FOR TV BOXES
Our device repair centre is open. If your Android TV Box has stopped working then we can look at it for you. We offer repairs on most devices. Android, Apple, Windows, Tablets and more.
How it Works:
- Simply purchase the device repair for £20.
- Print off your receipt/invoice as proof of purchase.
- Send us your device with the receipt/invoice inside. (You are responsible for the postage cost, we recommend sending it recorded delivery.)
- When we receive the device, we will aim to get it fixed within 24 hours.
- If we can fix it, we send it back to you (we pay for this postage cost) and you are ready to go.
- If the device cannot be fixed, we will give you £20 off your next device purchase on our website (www.entertainmentbox.com).
Caution Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.
Latest Smart TV boxes sold by Entertainment Box[table id=3 /]