Android TV Launcher
Did you know that you can change the Android TV Launcher if you don’t like your Firestick’s user interface?
Yes, that’s right. You can use the Leanback Launcher which works for all Android TV and Fire TV devices. When you install this launcher, you will see at the top row the pinned apps and then below the apps are categorized in video and music.
What LeanBack Launcher offers:
- You can easily access notification center, notification settings, and all your unread notifications with one click.
- No ad will appear on your home screen.
- Opens every app settings.
- Apps sorted by categories (video, music, favorites, etc)
We know Leanback Launcher has its own issues. This includes the notification counter that has problems sometimes. But it’s still one of the best option right now and it’s very functional.
In this article, we will show you how to install two custom launchers and how to auto start the customer launcher after boot.
Let’s jump right into the guide and discover how to install Leanback Android Launcher on Firestick!
How to Install Leanback Launcher on your Firestick Step-by-Step Guide
The first step you should take in order to install the Android TV Launcher on Firestick is to make sure you have enabled “Apps from unknown sources” on your Firestick.After you have enabled apps from unknown sources, take a look at the step-by-step guide shown below:
1. Launch the FileLinked app on your device. If you’re not familiar with FileLinked, you can take a look at this guide and learn how to install FileLinked on your Firestick device.2. Enter the WebSaafetyTips FileLinked code – 11111111 (eight ones) to access the WebSafetyTips store.
3. Search for the Leanback Launcher file and click on it in order to download it.
4. Click on Install to install the Android TV Launcher on Firestick.
5. Open the Leanback Launcher immediately and click on Open.
6. At the first look, you should see all your already installed apps listed and sorted into different categories.
7. Scroll down to the end of the screen and you will notice Settings. Feel free to play around and discover more about the app features on Launcher Settings.
8. System Settings takes you directly to your device Settings so you can customize your device faster without the need to shut down the Leanback Launcher app.
9. Click on Launcher Settings and go to Edit App Rows.
10. Go to Apps and Games rows to customize your apps.
11. Choose Customize order to order apps and games to your liking.
12. Go back with you remote control and click on Edit Rows to personalize the launcher rows.
13. Play around and customize your rows as you like.
14. If you click on one of the apps already listed and tap the hamburger menu on your remote, you will be able to use the App Settings. Add the app as your favorite app or hide it on Launcher.
15. This is our Leanback launcher final screen, but your can look different as you can customize it differently.
If you don’t like the Leanback Launcher, read on for the customizable Android TV Launcher that we will introduce you to. This one is way better than the Leanback Launcher in our opinion!
How to install a better and customizable Android TV Launcher
Have you ever heard about TVLauncher 3 Android TV Launcher? This is a custom made launcher that you can navigate by using a controller or remote.With it, you can share tiles with users and organize different apps in sections. This way, you will have more control over your Android TV device and you can use app icons or images to design tiles.
By using the navigation keys, you can customize this launcher as you like. Take a look at the guide below as we show you how to install the TVLauncher 3 on your Firestick.
1. Launch the FileLinked app again and enter the WebSafetyTips store.2. Scroll down until you find the TVLauncher 3 file and click on it.
3. Click on Install to install the Android Launcher on your Firestick.
4. Go to Open to open the app right away.
5. Take a look at the short welcome guide that TVLauncher has prepared for its users or just go directly to the main home screen and press Skip.
6. TVLauncher 3 on its default mode offers 4 sections separated in Favorites, Media, Games and Utilities. Click on the big plus icon to customize each section.
7. Add a new tile and choose it from Applications, Shortcuts or create a Bookmark.
8. Click on the Application you want to show on the TVLauncher 3 home screen. We chose VPNSafetyDot app just as an example to show you the process, but feel free to choose any app you want.
9. Take a look at the screen now. The VPNSafetyDot app we chose, is listed in the main screen as a Favorite app.
10. Let’s play around and discover some of the features TVLauncher 3 offers. Go to the hamburger menu, shown just like in the photo below.
11. As we mentioned above, TVLauncher offers 4 sections (Favorites, Media, Games, Utilities) but you can also create new sections too.
12. You can easily change the theme, so click on Theme.
13. Choose between home screen themes or change theme from light to dark, based on your preferences
14. Go back and explore Settings, where you can change the wallpaper, choose between different animation for the wallpaper and apps.Try them one by one and decide which one fits you better.
15. Go to the Apps menu on your right side.
16. From here you can launch your already installed application and they are listed in alphabetical order, or you can search for any app using Filter or List.
17. Your screen will look similar to this photo when you finish your customization. Enjoy it!
How to Autostart TVLauncher 3 on Firestick after Boot
In case you use just one app on your Firestick or Android TV device, then you won’t need to have a home screen.It would be better if you went straight to this app when you turn on your device.
Steps you should follow to install Launch on Boot App and autostart TVLauncher 3 app on your Firestick:1. The WebSafetyTips FileLinked Store will come in handy again so launch FileLinked on your device and enter the 11111111 code.
2. Search for the Launch on Boot file and click on it.
3. Install the Android TV Launcher on Firestick and click on the install option.
4. Launch the app right away and click on Open.
Feel free to explore the short tutorial that Launch on Boot has prepared for its users.
5. Slide the first toggle to the right side to allow the app you will choose to run at startup on your Firestick device.
6. Enable Launch when you device wakes up so your just installed TVLauncher 3 app launches immediately.
7. Go to “SELECT APP” box and choose the TVLauncher 3 app.
8. Click on TEST in order to test if all the steps you already executed work for you.
10. Final step: Close the app and go to your Firestick Settings > My Fire TV > Restart.
You can press the Home button on the remote in case you want to go back to the original Firestick launcher. This way you will go to the default mode.